- 2 cups chopped Texas Pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz caramel ice cream topping
Combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set half aside for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and pecans. Whisk caramel topping and remaining flour until smooth; drizzle over top. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before cutting.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen.